What is Rhymecraft?
Rhymecraft is a website that aims to offer tools to help you write professional-quality rap and recitation song lyrics. You can use the same tools to analyze other people's lyrics.
I have a lot of ideas for tools I want to make available through Rhymecraft. The first tool I've got working is the lyrics rhythm recorder, which makes it easier for you to record and view the rhythm with which lyrics are (or should be) performed.
What does the 'Alpha' mean in the title?
'Alpha' is a term used when developing software to refer to the stage in a product's development when not all of the planned features are finished. It's a term that's generally familiar to PC gamers. See the Wikipedia entries for 'Early access' and 'Software release life cycle'.
Is Rhymecraft suitable for children?
There are at least three issues that affect Rhymecraft's suitability for children: the appeal of using Rhymecraft, the complexity of using Rhymecraft, and the content that can be found on Rhymecraft. I will address each in turn.
Will Rhymecraft appeal to children?
My estimate is that Rhymecraft will probably be most interesting to kids ~13 or older who have started to get interested in rap, poetry, or songwriting. Children aged 6 to 11 might take some amount of interest if they have someone explain how to use it, but I wouldn't expect it to have the appeal of Minecraft (to use a relevant example), because it's a bit more of an abstract activity (creating / analyzing lyrics instead of just listening to lyrics).
Is Rhymecraft too complicated for children to use?
My estimate is that children under 10 or so may have trouble understanding most of the instructions, children under ~13 may have trouble understanding some of the instructions (especially if they're trying to learn it on their own), and that children 13 or over will generally be able to understand everything, even if they're learning it on their own.
Is the content that can be found on Rhymecraft suitable for children?
There is currently no way to view user-created content, and the web pages created by me are all G-rated, and so at the moment the answer is "Yes". That will probably change as I add features to the site.
How much does Rhymecraft cost?
See the pricing page.
- Nathan Wailes - You can learn more about me at NathanWailes.com.
- ...and hopefully more people soon! This is a bootstrapped company, so your money will be used to hire more people!
- (If you're interested in being hired, check out the jobs page.)
Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://www.rhymecraft.guru, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Rhymecraft's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Rhymecraft's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Rhymecraft at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Rhymecraft's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Rhymecraft makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Rhymecraft does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Rhymecraft or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Rhymecraft's website, even if Rhymecraft or a Rhymecraft authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Rhymecraft website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Rhymecraft does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Rhymecraft may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Rhymecraft does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Rhymecraft has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Rhymecraft of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Rhymecraft may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.